*cough, Great. I was a little worried that you might not be able to hear me over all the noise.
With so many people sharing, tweeting and +ing their latest blog post – it’s a hit or miss on whether or not you will even know who the hell I am, or care about what I have to say . . . that is, unless you feel a connection. (and whether or not my blog title catches your attention – but that’s another post.)
I’ve come to the conclusion that the most successful bloggers are the ones who are passionate. I’m talking about those people who could have you interested in learning how to build a bridge with toothpicks simply because they were passionate about it.
Our digital voice travels farther than ever. And with each keystroke we have the opportunity to share our passion and if not change lives, change minds.
What was the last blog post that you commented on? What compelled you to share your thoughts, thanks or opinion?
My guess was the writer was passionate about the subject and you could tell.
When we are passionate about a subject and share our perspective or insight, it resonates with readers on a deeper level. . . and that connection cannot be faked or forced.
Here are a few suggestions on how your passion can drive your online success ::
- Know your goals – when sitting down to write, be sure your content is in line with your goals. You don’t want to post ‘How to Crochet a Necktie’ on your roller derby blog.
- Make a list of your passions – by choosing topics you are most passionate about you can connect with others who share the same interest, experts or with those who are curious and want to learn more.
- Be a resource – share your knowledge with your online community. Think of your blog as an interactive library where you can learn from your readers and add new content based on their suggestions.
- Connect – Often we get discouraged when no one leaves a comment on our well thought out and carefully written blog post . . . here’s some advice – don’t give up, connect. When you read blog posts that truly inspire you – leave a thoughtful comment. By connecting with and learning from other bloggers you admire, not only will your writing improve but so will your readership.
- Discover your digital voice – Being inspired by others is great, but remember to be true to yourself. Your online presence should be an extension of who you are offline and give people a taste of what to expect when they meet you in person.
Here are a few of my favorite passionate people to read ::
@RedheadWriting tells it like it is. . . and I love her for it. Whether it’s the latest Bitch Slap, or her redheaded fury this woman is 110% passion. I can always count on her *in your face* honesty regardless of what she is writing.
@MichaelHyatt is another favorite of mine. He is focused on “intentional leadership” and sharing what he learns along the way. The post that introduced me to Michael and kept me coming back was Creating a Life Plan.
@ilainie inspires with each new adventure her and her son Miro share. To me she embodies what it means to be a global citizen and reminds me of the responsibility we all have to each other . . . the fact that she has taken her son on a global journey is simply awe inspiring.
Who is a passionate blogger you read regularly?